In the modern software industry 6 core business models have emerged - SaaS, eCommerce, Advertising, Marketplace, Usage and Licence. I am looking for tools which help apply the Business Model Canvas to each of these structures. Any ideas?

Views: 965

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting view;

Can you be a little more specific on the type of tools you want. Do you mean mapping tools, if so there are many options:

Free - BM Fiddle

Free - BM Designer

Paid - BM Gallery

But the most robust, best developed tool for BM canvas and mapping business models is Strategyzer

[there are a few other options, both paid and free]

If there is some other type of tool for which you are looking, please provide more detail.

Mike

Many thanks for your detailed reply - very hepful. The area I am focusing on is the mechanics of how the business makes money. I believe tools could be created for specific types of business. For example a SaaS business will have certain key activities and revenue drivers although other elements of the canvas will vary widely. I am researching whether such tools already exist if you know of any.

Kind regards

The balanced scorecard is a framework for tracking important aspects of company strategy and for facilitating organizational improvement or change. It measures metrics beyond typical financial metrics to help companies keep long-term strategic goals in focus and spot trouble before it appears in the financial statements.

Agreed - although measurement and goal setting in balanced scorecard frameworks is often dangerously poor in my experience. I am looking into how financial information is managed in startups in more detail right now so if you would like to share your opinion https://sunstone1.typeform.com/to/w6r0ot

RSS

© 2017   Created by Alex Osterwalder.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service