Hi everyone,

My name is Harrie Sterk, living in the Netherlands. Currently working in a middle large bakery company. We produce a variety of bread products for supermarkets. At the same time I'm studying for a bachelor Small Business and Retail.

For my study I need to build a new Business Model Canvas for a new product or service. This needs to be executed in the bakery I'm working in. My idea is to invite some colleagues to build this BMC with me. I already asked my supervisor if he agreed for me to execute this. I still haven't got an answer from him.

Now I'm looking for a way to convince my supervisor to give permission for this idea. What do you think I should do?

Besides getting permission, I'm also struggling in getting the best way to explain this idea once I can organise this session. Will you al help me giving your tips and insights for this case?

Thank you in advance!

When there are some developments in this case I'll share it with you.

Views: 388

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, my first update. My supervisor is the commercial director of the company. He wants to know what I'm going to do during this session, and who I want to appear at this session. So now I have to make an rough design of how this session is going to evolve.

Also I proposed to make a group of people from different departments. Departments like sales, finance and marketing.

That's wat I'm going to do this week. So now I have some questions. Are there some pitfalls I have to consider while making my pitch? Are there other departments I have to consider inviting to this session?

I hope you all can help me? Maybe you have questions or comments for me. Please let me know.

Thank you!

Dear readers,

New update: There are no new developments yet. ;-)

I send the secretary of the commercial director my pitch for the meeting. She will arrange a date, the persons to invite (because she knows who is best suited for this). This was last week. So I guess it takes more time than I considered. In the meantime I prepare my paper, so this wil take less time afterwards.

Greetings to you all, and until the next update. Tips, tricks, comments or critics are very welcome.

Harrie Sterk

Hello, here is another update.

It's been a while (March 27) since my last update. A lot of things happend in that time. The meeting is cancelled. There wasn't anyone who wanted to participate in the meeting. I had to think of an other way to get an opinion for an new product. A colleague suggested to get an appointment with the product development manager. Which I did.

The product development manager told me how they develop a new product and which kind of model she and the company uses for that. They use a kind of stage-gate method. Besides this she also gave a product which they are developing. Its a sweet snack, but packed in foil with co2 gas to give it a extended expire date. This is going to be the product which is at the base of my Business Canvas Model.

So this is what I'm working on now.

That's all for now.

I hope everyone who read this leaves an comment or questions. I'm happy to answer them.

Thank you for reading, until the next update. 

RSS

© 2018   Created by Alex Osterwalder.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service